B4 Coming to Korea

How to Apply:

There are different ways you can apply for studying in Korea. There are few government scholarships through which both undergraduate and graduate students can apply. Most of the students come here under professor funding in the graduate level. Approaching a professor in any specific research field you interested is the first thing you can do for a good start. So mail directly to professor you interested in.
Some tips to start the process:

  • Visit the university-home-pages from here
  • Go to the English Webpage
  • Find the professor’s email address and Laboratory home page
  • Read carefully about the research subject of the professor
  • Mail to the professor. You may find some difficulties in getting the email address of professors as in some universities, the professor’s home page or department home page are in Korean Language and English page has little information. So, mail 1st to those universities where the professor’s email addresses is easily available.


How to carry on your proceeding:

There are 2 semesters in Korea.

A. Spring Semester (March 1 to June 20)

  • 1st mail to professor of your interest should be STARTED in July
  • Document submission : Within September/October
  • Admission confirmed : November/December
  • Admission letter and Visa Issuance Letter will reach to you : December/January

B. Fall semester (September 1 to December 20)

  • 1st mail to professor of your interest should be STARTED in January
  • Document submission : Within March/April
  • Admission confirmed: April/May 4. Admission letter and Visa Issuance Letter will reach: June/July

Communication with Professors:

  • First introduce yourself to the professor.
  • Let him know how you come to know about him and his research, (through internet, research paper or from a friend of you) Praise some his excellent work published in the prestigious journal and how the world benefited from that kind of research.
  • Now mention a specific working area in which you are interested and give a detailed about the prospects and applicability of that research field.
  • Be transparent and scientifically competent when you argue your disposition for certain research area.
  • Try to justify yourself good at such area of research. This will work as a cover letter which will lead the professor looking forward. So be simple and meaningful in your words.
  • Include a CV definitely academic, better to attach a PDF CV that will not change that happened in most case of word file leave a bad impression.

After getting Positive reply:

  • If a professor reply asking you more information about, is a positive notion. He may ask you about your transcript, any publication or more details of your research experience you bagged in your MS. Don’t forget to give more details of your extracurricular activities if you have any.
  • When professor agree to accept you as a prospective students
  •   Ask your professor about living cost, accommodation type ( personal arrangement or dormitory)
  • About your tuition fee whether professor give or he manage from any scholarship.
  • Last of all ask him about financial support for you.
  • Most of the professors provide students from his project fund a minimum amount in every month for living expenses along with the tuition fee for each semester. Some professor give monthly some amount from which you have to manage your living cost and tuition fee.
  • Choosing a professor, carefully search his recent publications if you want a bright research career, A good trend of recent publications means he is doing very good research work.

Documents needed to be prepared for visa:

  • A valid passport, notarized copy of passport.
  • Passport size photograph 2 pcs attached with application form
  • Family relations certificates (From Word commissioner/ Union Parisad Chairman) attested by Foreign ministry/Home ministry or notarized to be attached with application form both main copy and notarized photocopy
  • Birth Certificate verified by Ministry of home affairs to be attached with application form both main copy and photocopy
  • All Educational certificates and academic transcript should be attested by respective education board, ministry of education and ministry of foreign affairs. University B.Sc /M.Sc certificates verified by University and verified by ministry of education and ministry of foreign affairs to be attached with application form both main copy and notarized photocopy
  • Police clearance certificate verified by ministry of Homes affairs.
  • No objection letter from parents /guardians notarized by advocates.
  • For GOVT service official or University teacher need to submit no objection certificates from organizations.
  • National ID card photocopies of applicant’s father and mother, notarized by advocates.
  • Application for Student Visa or cover letter to Ambassador.
  • Visa Application Form duly filled up with signature.

N.B.: Visa documents might be varied time to time as per the visa policy of the Korean government.

Contact Us :



Verification Image

Enter number from above: